Despite Dave saying the two fabrics didn't go together, I decided they did and cut them out quite a while ago. I made the trousers first from some stretchy fabric from a Ressy coop. They were quite straightforward and I'm pleased with the result. I even decided to tackle the pockets and bought a pocket template from Jaycotts in preparation (thanks Sam!). I must say that they are easily the best patch pockets I've ever done, so the tool comes highly recommended.
The top was next and I have to say, what a nightmare! First of all I had Liz and Amanda sending me samples of elastic/ribbing because I didn't have anything that matched the baby blue velour(thanks girls!). I won't go into too many details on what's wrong with the top, because the page isn't long enough. Let's just say the moral of the story is "don't make gifts for people in fabric you've never worked with before". It's interesting to say the least, but I knew that Rhianna wouldn't mind and it looks pretty enough so long as you don't look too closely.
I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of Rhianna wearing it when she's big enough.

No comments:
Post a Comment