Monday, August 29, 2005

Ottobre 1/04 No.'s 1B and 2 size 62cm


Some more baby sewing! All the fabric was dyed with Dylon cold water dye, sea green, in the washing machine. It's a little more blue than I expected it to be, but I still like the colour. The prints are both PRR, the ABC is sweatshirt fleece and the whales is a knit.

The velour pants were very easy and I'll definitely be making more of them. Will get new elastic for next time though, the stuff I used was definitely cheap and nasty.

The bodysuit and shirt provided more of a challenge! Have never used ribbing like this before, so was all a bit new to me. Some of the topstitching is a bit dodgy but only if you look very closely. I think that the knit was probably too thin to take the ribbing and fully expect the neck to bag when it's on but only time will tell. Finally, the bodysuit was finished off with red snaps.

No comments: